4 steps for turning your leads into conversions
It’s one thing to acquire and attract new leads, but converting those leads into paying customers is a whole other ball game. It all starts with having a strong sales funnel that’ll take your prospective leads through a process that will eventually turn them into loyal customers.
Here’s 4 steps that’ll help you convert your leads into customers and boost your conversions.
1. Understand your sales funnel
Sales funnels are incredibly important as it takes your customers on the journey of the buying process. It typically begins when your lead becomes aware of your brand, products and/or service, and ends when they finally make a purchase from you and become a customer.
These are the stages of a standard sales funnel:
- Awareness - When potential customers become aware of your offering.
- Interest - Potential customers become interested in your product and/or service.
- Evaluation - When they evaluate your product or service and compare it with your competitors.
- Decision - When they decide to make a purchase.
- Purchase - Woohoo! Your potential customer has now become an actual customer.
This is a standard sales funnel process, however, depending on what you’re selling, your sales funnel may be a longer or shorter process. This process will include doing thorough research of your target audience, to understand their buying process and buying habits.
2. Plan an effective lead generation strategy
Once you have a better understanding of your target audience, and the buying process they go through, you’ll be able to plan an effective strategy that will attract them to your brand. This is where you can focus on increasing traffic to your website and generating leads.
Here’s a few methods you can use in your lead generation strategy.
- Social Media Advertising
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Pay-per-click Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Landing Page Optimisation
3. Plan strategies to engage and nurture your leads
Now that you’ve got some prospective leads, it’s crucial to continue engaging and nurturing those leads to start the process of converting them into customers. You’ll want to start building a relationship with them to set your brand apart from your competitors.
Here’s a few strategies to engage and nurture leads
- Email Marketing to maintain a relationship with your leads
- Useful, informative, and engaging blog posts for your audience
- Social Media Marketing to promote your posts
- Reply to comments & questions on social media
- Reach out to influencers to create reviews and tutorials of your products
- Reach out to current customers to provide product/service reviews
4. Make it easy for leads to become customers
The last step is to finally convert leads into paying customers. To boost your conversions, you’ll need to make it as easy and simple as possible for your leads to make the final step of converting. Whether it’s to sign up to your mailing list, buy a specific product, or fill in a contact form - you need to ensure the process is clear and simple.
This often includes:
- Simplifying your checkout and payment processes
- Minimising form fields
- Providing one-click signup and sign-in options
- Easy to spot subscribe buttons on your blog/website
Making the conversion process easier for your leads will encourage them to complete the process, and boost your customer lists.
Quick tips for converting more leads
There are a number of different ways to enhance your conversion process, from offering leads an incentive to entice a purchase, displaying positive reviews and testimonials to monitoring your sales pipeline to understand where they’re at in their buying journey.
Here’s a handy infographic to keep in mind when trying to convert your leads.
Keen for more tips & insights on digital marketing and the like? Head to the Blackdrop Blog!